If you’re looking for paid food/recipes freelance writing gigs and opportunities, keep reading!
Food and recipe site WonderfulCook.com is always looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
WonderfulCook.com’s goal is to help inform and educate people interested in food, cooking and eating. We do this in two ways. We write culinary articles on various foods and cooking topics and we publish recipes that take a “how-to” approach.
Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the everyday home cook. Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! Our mission is to give home cooks and food lovers the skill sets, knowledge, and cultural context to make every meal memorable.
Available Position: Recipe Roundup Writers
A recipe roundup post is a content type that collects some of the best recipes on the internet pertaining to specific themes, it’s a well-compiled list post that serves a single topic.
Here are some examples of the type of content we’re looking for:
- 14 Chicken and Zucchini Recipes That Will Spruce Up Your Meals
- 22 Delicious Cod Recipes That Will Elevate Your Dinner Spread
- 14 Best Oxtail Soup Recipes to Try Today
- Written English at the level of a native speaker (ideally American English) – We prefer a casual, friendly style rather than a formal style. We’re looking for writers who can create fun, personality-driven content that pulls the reader in from the very first sentence to the last.
- Excellent web research skills.
- Hard-working & ambitious – We are a fast-growing website looking for team members who are hard-working, ambitious, and always up for a challenge!
- Ability to write a minimum of 5,000 words per week (preferably more).
- Loves food and cooking – We’re looking for people who love food as much as we do.
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold the quality of content.
What We Offer:
- Guaranteed minimum of 5,000 words per week (more, if you’re available)
- Weekly payment, via PayPal
- Pay of USD 3-6 cents per word, negotiable
- An author profile on our site (if you’d like)
- Flexible work schedule – We will assign you instructions for a batch of articles once a week (or a month), and you will have the following week (or month) to complete the batch of articles.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in this position, please email us directly at email@example.com
When applying for this job, please submit the following:
- Brief background on your writing experience
- Why you’re interested in this job
- Samples of your food-related writing (ideally, we would like to see work that is published online under your byline)
- Link to your online bio/blog (if you have any)
- Your per-word rate
- Your location
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The WonderfulCook Team