How many times have you started a diet enthusiastically only to fizzle out after the second week? We’ve all been there. We get tired of eating the same boring salad or cauliflower this, that, or the other. Before long, we’re back to lazing on the couch with a massive tub of ice cream in our hands.
Say goodbye to all that. This time, it’ll be totally different. You’ll be armed with quick and easy recipes that taste so delicious, you’ll be wondering why you ever wanted ice cream in the first place.
First, you have to ask yourself what you want to achieve with this diet. Take the time and decide whether to lose some weight, detox, or improve your overall health. This is really important because you won’t get anywhere without a clear goal to focus on.
Secondly, bear in mind that you will have to put in a little bit of effort. Be creative and plan well. Before you know it, everyone will be commenting on how great you look and beg to know what’s going on. The best thing about this diet is that you won’t be left starving. You’ll feel full all the time!
How does this diet work? Planning is the most crucial element. If you have that covered, your diet will run like clockwork. Here’s what you need:
- Easy, quick, and delicious raw diet recipes
- Tips and suggestions to stick to your plan
- Instructions on how to prepare your meals
- Shopping lists and places you can find the best ingredients
8 of the Best Raw Food Diet Recipes
Preparing raw food sounds like a challenge. Fortunately, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Here are eight quick and easy recipes for delicious raw food meals, snacks, desserts, and more.
1. Raw Fruity Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup carob
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or cacao butter
- A pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for the chocolate filling:
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups agave syrup
- 1 cup coconut or cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
For garnishing: strawberries, raspberries, oranges, or other fruits.
- Combine and mix all the listed ingredients for the crust. Do this with a hand or standing mixer until you achieve a dough-like consistency. Press the dough evenly into a 7-inch tart pan. Choose one with a removable bottom or a silicone pan to make it easier. It’s best to chill your mix in the fridge for at least an hour.
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Pour the mix into the cake crust that you chilled earlier. Put the cake back in the fridge to chill for at least another hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, decorate your cake with fresh fruit.
Enjoy! This dessert will have you wanting more with each bite.
- 3 avocados, pitted
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 sprigs of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut water or purified water
- Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and cut it into chunks. Place avocado in a large bowl and mash with a spoon.
- Gently stir in the onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Pour in the lime juice and add salt to taste. Add coconut water until you achieve the right consistency.
This dip goes great with flax seed crackers or Ezekiel bread. If you can find One Lucky Duck’s Rosemary Quakers sold in Pure Food and Wine, health stores, and Whole Foods, you’ll love the combination. Try this guacamole recipe with crudités like carrots, celery, broccoli, bell peppers. You won’t regret it!
3. Pineapple – The Yummiest Juice
You can’t go wrong with pineapple juice. It’s so easy to prepare and tastes like a summer’s day. Simply juice a pineapple. This is simplicity at its best.
Besides tasting delicious, pineapples are great for you. Have you ever heard of bromelain? It’s a special enzyme that aids in the healing of muscles and wounds, and pineapples have lots of it! Bromelain gives you better digestion, thins the blood, and is great for rheumatoid arthritis. It can help with respiratory problems related to allergies and asthma, is anti-inflammatory, and thins mucus. This should be your go-to juice all the time!
4. The Best Breakfast Smoothie Ever!
- 1 teaspoon of raw carob powder (or raw chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- 1/2 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seed
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey (or yakkon root or a few drops of stevia)
- 1 teaspoon of green powder (spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass)
- A few leaves of greens such as spinach or dandelion
- A few scoops of coconut meat (optional)
- 2 cups of special warm herb tea or pure water or coconut water
- Blend all ingredients together. That’s it. It’s so simple.
If you’re looking for a good healthy breakfast, you’ve found it. Drink this every morning, and you’ll have a good day ahead. It’s full of nutrition, tastes amazing, and fills you up! You’ll benefit from the minerals, enzymes, cofactors, and the best protein available in nature.
The raw chocolate can take the place of coffee if you’re looking to omit that from your daily intake. To make this a comforting drink, use warm water or tea, but make sure it’s not heated above 170 F.
5. Your New Favorite Quick Salad
- 1/2 a head of white cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp of whole grain mustard
- A few tbsps of pure water
- Combine the cabbage and carrot together in a salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the avocado, mustard, and lemon juice with a fork until smooth. Feel free to use a blender for this. Add water until your dressing reaches the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well-combined.
Here’s a useful tip: Save some time by preparing shredded cabbage and carrots in bulk. You can keep them in the fridge for a few days, and you’ll be able to enjoy a fresh salad in minutes.
6. An Unbelievable Green Smoothie
- 5 red lettuce leaves
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 stalks of celery
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 5 stalks of parsley or cilantro
- 2 cups of water
- Blend everything in your blender, and enjoy!
7. Homemade Pesto
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 bunches of basil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/8 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (or more if required for smooth consistency)
Blend all ingredients in your food processor, and that is it! Simply add some lemon juice to use this as a base for salad dressings. It also makes a fantastic raw pasta sauce, or you can enjoy it with sprouted bread!
8. “Oat Meal”
- 2 apples
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seed
- Pure water
- Let the flax seeds sit in purified water overnight.
- Peel the apples and cut them into smaller parts.
- Peel the banana and cut it into thirds.
- Rinse the flaxseeds.
- Blend all ingredients in a hand blender or high-speed blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of water so the mixture blends well until it’s smooth. If it’s too thick for your liking, add in a bit more water.