About This Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Recipe
If you’re like me, then you’re always looking for new ways to use up leftover chicken. And this grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect solution — the spiciness of the chicken pairs perfectly with the gooey cheese and crispy bread.
Buffalo chicken is spicy and full of flavor, while grilled cheese is rich, creamy, and cheesy. When you put the two together, you get something that is truly out of this world.
The buffalo chicken adds a nice bit of heat to the sandwich, while the cheddar cheese helps to mellow it out. And the slightly buttered toast gives the sandwich a nice crispness that takes it to the next level.
The best part? It’s easy to make and only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish! This grilled cheese sandwich will be your new go-to meal!
So, the next time you’re craving something hearty and delicious, I highly recommend trying this buffalo chicken grilled cheese. It’s mouthwateringly savory, deliciously creamy, and just perfect for an easy, quick, irresistible meal!
What You Need for This Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken: I have used crockpot shredded buffalo chicken.
- Cheddar Cheese: It makes this sandwich rich and cheesy. Make sure it is at room temperature, as that will allow the cheese to melt perfectly.
- Bread: I have used whole grains and seeds bread.
- Butter: It gives the sandwich an incredible crispness.
- Chicken: I have used shredded buffalo chicken, but you can use whatever leftover chicken you have on hand. Just separate it from the bones and shred it.
- Cheese: I have used slices of cheddar cheese, but American cheese, Colby, or Swiss cheese are all great substitutes, too.
- Bread: I have used whole grains and seeds bread, but you may use whatever sandwich bread you have on hand.
What is buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken is any chicken smothered in Buffalo wings hot sauce. It can be thighs, wings, breasts, or shredded crockpot chicken.
How can I store this sandwich?
You can store the buffalo chicken grilled cheese in an airtight container or zip-lock bag for 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Super easy to make, this delicious sandwich is stuffed with shredded buffalo chicken and cheddar cheese and is perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner!
Yield: 1 sandwich
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Step By Step
Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
Place one slice of cheese on the inside of one slice of bread.
Top with the shredded buffalo chicken.
Add the second slice of cheese.
Finally, cover it with the other slice of bread.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the sandwich, and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
- If you do not have leftover buffalo chicken, you can prepare it by placing boneless, skinless chicken breast and buffalo sauce in the slow cooker and cooking at a low temperature for 4-5 hours. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks.