About This Carrot Pasta Recipe
Whether you want a light meal or a quick snack, this scrumptious pasta dish made with crunchy carrots and topped with a creamy garlic sauce will knock your socks off!
Incorporating raw fruits and vegetables into our daily diets has numerous health benefits. It makes you feel more energetic, improves skin and digestion, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. A balanced diet that includes foods of different colors, flavors, and textures, is essential for our well-being.
Raw carrots are crunchy root vegetables, low in calories, and rich in nutrients. You’ll be most familiar with orange-red colored carrots but you can also find purple, yellow, and white carrots.
Carrots are good for your eyes, rich in beta-carotene, loaded with antioxidants that fight off harmful free radicals in your body, and are a fantastic source of vitamin C that boost your immune system. Carrots also help with constipation and help keep your blood sugar levels under control.
When you don’t want wheat pasta or rice noodles, or if you need to avoid gluten, carrot noodles can be a satisfying and healthier alternative. These orange carrot noodles are smothered in a creamy, zesty garlic sauce that adds a fantastic blend of sweetness with spice.
Have you ever tried spiralized carrots? They are so easy to make! A spiralizer is a useful kitchen tool that can help you incorporate more veggies into your daily meals. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can also use a peeler.
As for the sauce, the combination of ginger, garlic, tamari, lime juice, honey, and the tahini’s creaminess is incredible. I can’t imagine my carrot noodles without this dressing. The crunchiness of the carrots with the zestiness of the sauce is absolute perfection!
What You Need for This Carrot Pasta Recipe
- Carrots: Carrots are full of vitamins and minerals, and their vibrant orange color is perfect for this recipe.
- Unhulled Tahini: Unhulled tahini is made from the whole seed, is darker and more bitter than hulled tahini, and is richer in calcium. It also gives the perfect amount of creaminess to the sauce.
- Tamari: Tamari is a gluten-free soy sauce and is traditionally made as a by-product of miso paste. It has a darker color, richer flavor, and is less salty than soy sauce.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice adds a distinct zest to the sauce.
- Walnut Oil: The walnut oil gives a rich nutty flavor and is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients.
- Ginger: Ginger is a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine. Its peppery aroma with hints of lemon gives a distinct flavor to the dish.
- Garlic: Garlic is a staple ingredient in almost all cuisines. It can elevate any dish, and it gives a powerful and intense flavor to the sauce.
- Honey: The honey brings all the flavors together and also helps bring out that natural sweetness from the carrots.
- Chili Flakes: Chili flakes add that nice kick of spiciness.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds, besides that little bit of crispiness, also give a nice visual touch.
- Pine Nuts: Pine nuts add a satisfying crunch and intensify the nutty flavor of this dish.
- Tamari: If you can’t find tamari, you may substitute it with soy sauce, but note that it includes wheat.
- Unhulled Tahini: You can substitute it with hulled tahini, but you can also use cashew, almond, or peanut butter.
- Walnut Oil: If you don’t have walnut oil, you can substitute it with sesame oil, peanut oil, or even olive oil.
- Toppings: You can substitute parsley with cilantro, and you can also use chopped cashews or peanuts instead of pine nuts.
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have lime, lemon juice will work well too.
What can I serve with these carrot noodles?
These carrot noodles are great for a vegan dish with stir-fried veggies, fried tofu, or roasted chickpeas. But you may also combine it with stir-fried chicken, beef, or fish.
For how long can I store these noodles?
You can store these carrot noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day. I don’t recommend freezing them.
Carrot Pasta with A Creamy Zesty Garlic Sauce
This is a healthy gluten-free dish made from vibrant orange crunchy carrot noodles seasoned with a delicious and creamy garlic sauce — a quick and easy vegan delight.
Yield: 2 servings
For the sauce
How To Make Carrot Pasta Step By Step
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
Spiralize the carrots.
Pour the sauce over the carrot noodles, and toss gently until the carrots are thoroughly coated with the sauce.
Top with freshly chopped parsley, sesame seeds, and pine nuts, and serve.
- Taste the sauce and add additional tamari, lime juice, or honey to your liking.
- Don’t peel the carrots. Just wash them well first. The peel has lots of nutrients.
- For long noodles, use thick carrots.
- You can spiralize the carrots or even purchase them pre-spiralized if you wish.