About This Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipe
Okay, so confession time. I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I mean, I love savory foods just as much as the next person, but if there’s one thing that can always make me happy, it’s dessert. Especially chocolate desserts.
And this chocolate crème is the perfect example of why I love chocolate desserts so much. It’s got an incredible chocolate flavor, and it’s loaded with superfoods, too — making it both delicious and healthy!
Raw cacao powder has been linked to several health benefits, including improved heart health, reduced inflammation, and better blood sugar control.
Coconuts are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain a type of fat that is beneficial for health, and the flesh of the coconut can be used in various ways. The water inside coconuts is also a good source of electrolytes and minerals, making it an excellent choice for rehydration.
Yacon powder is high in fiber and low in sugar. It is also a good source of prebiotics, supporting healthy gut bacteria growth. This powder has many health benefits, including improved digestion, increased weight loss, and reduced risk of constipation.
Lucuma powder is a good source of fiber and vitamins A, C, and E. Additionally, lucuma powder is said to have several health benefits, such as promoting bone health, boosting immunity, and aiding digestion.
Irish moss contains vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, magnesium, and iron. It also contains compounds that can boost the immune system and help to fight inflammation.
When you put all these superfoods together, you’re not only getting a nutritious and filling dessert, but also getting a chocolatey treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Go ahead and indulge in this delicious chocolatey treat — your body will thank you for it!
What You Need for This Chocolate Dessert Recipe
- Coconut: This recipe calls for young coconuts because they are perfect for making a delicious crème by simply blending it with coconut water.
- Raw Cacao Powder: It is a popular ingredient in many health foods and beverages. It is made from unroasted cocoa beans and is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Yacon Powder: It is derived from the yacon root, a type of sweet potato that is native to South America. Yacon powder can also be used as a natural sweetener in place of sugar or honey. For best results, look for a yacon powder that is certified organic and free from fillers or artificial ingredients.
- Lucuma Powder: It is made from the lucuma fruit, which is native to South America. It has a sweet, caramel-like flavor and is often used as a natural sweetener in recipes. Lucuma powder can be found in many health food stores or online. It is important to note that lucuma powder should be consumed in moderation as it is high in sugar.
- Irish Moss: It is a type of seaweed that has been used for centuries in Ireland and other parts of Europe. It is often used as a thickener or stabilizer in soups and stews, as well as in cosmetics and lotions. Irish moss is widely available in health food stores and online stores, typically sold in powder or capsule form.
- Stevia Liquid Extract: It adds a bit of sweetness with no aftertaste.
- To Decorate (Optional): I have used strawberries and mint leaves as a finishing touch.
- Yacon Powder: It can be replaced with sugar.
- Lucuma Powder: It can be substituted with stevia powder.
- Irish Moss: It is used as a thickener and can be substituted with agar powder.
- Vanilla Bean Powder: It can be replaced with vanilla paste.
Can I make this dessert in advance?
Yes. This chocolate dessert crème can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Healthy Chocolate Dessert
From antioxidants to essential vitamins and minerals, this chocolate crème dessert has everything you need to fuel your body and keep your health on track while enjoying a delicious snack.
Yield: 6 servings
To Decorate (Optional):
How To Make Chocolate Dessert Step By Step
Place the coconut meat, the water from one coconut, the raw cacao powder, yacon and lucuma powders, Irish moss, vanilla bean powder, cinnamon, salt, and stevia liquid extract into a high-performance blender and start to blend. If needed, add the water from the second coconut and blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
Pour the chocolate crème into glasses, and let them chill in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
Garnish with strawberries and fresh mint leaves, and enjoy!
- Using the same coconut base, you can use this recipe to make a parfait. One layer can be this chocolate crème. For the second layer, do a crème using the flesh from two coconuts and water from one coconut, and add raw vanilla bean powder. Another layer can be done with the strawberries. Alternate these three layers until you fill the glass. Chill, garnish, and enjoy!
- The yield may vary based on the size of the serving glass.