About This Dark Chili Chocolate Party Bites Recipe
I’m always looking for new party bites to make, and these tiny chocolatey nibbles are great fun to make and serve.
I love dark chocolate, and the chili gives them just the right amount of kick. While some may find the combination unusual, dark chocolate and chili are a flavor combination that elevates the flavors of both ingredients.
In this recipe, the rich, dark chocolate pairs well with the heat of the chili, creating a unique and tantalizing flavor. This pairing is perfect for party bites — they’re small and easy to eat but pack a big flavor punch.
Besides, dark chocolate and chili also have health benefits. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and is known to improve heart health, while chili peppers can help boost metabolism. Combine the two and you get deliciously chocolatey bites along with a healthy dose of antioxidants while boosting your metabolism.
The best part? They’re so easy to make! Just melt the cocoa butter, add the chili, form the bites, top them up with your favorite toppings, let them set, and enjoy!
So, if you’ve also been on the hunt for a new and interesting flavor combination, give these dark chili chocolate party bites a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
What You Need for This Dark Chili Chocolate Party Bites Recipe
- Cocoa Butter: Also known as cacao butter, it is a pure vegetable fat derived from cocoa beans commonly used in cooking, baking, and even cosmetics. It is a nutritious addition to both sweet and savory recipes and adds a bit of creaminess to desserts.
- Coconut Oil: It gives an exotic flavor and aroma to these bites.
- Honey: I like to use a little bit of raw honey to sweeten these bites.
- Cocoa Powder: It gives that lovely rich chocolatey taste.
- Chili: To make these bites even more interesting, I have added some chili to give these bites just the right amount of kick.
- Toppings: I like to top my bites with almonds, raisins, goji berries, pepitas, and walnuts.
- Coconut Oil: It can be substituted with butter, olive oil, or avocado oil.
- Honey: I like to use raw honey but agave or maple syrup will also work well in this recipe.
Can I make these bites using chocolate?
Yes. You can make these bites by directly melting the chocolate, adding the chili, and your favorite toppings. You can use dark chocolate, but milk or white chocolate will also be great.
Can I melt the cocoa butter in the microwave instead on top of a simmering pot of water?
Yes, you can. Just put the cocoa butter and the solid coconut oil in a bowl and melt them in the microwave.
Dark Chili Chocolate Party Bites
Perfect for when you want a decadent dessert but not too overwhelmingly sweet, these dark chili chocolate bites are perfect to whip up for parties!
Yield: 12-13 pieces
Toppings of choice:
How To Make Dark Chili Chocolate Party Bites Step By Step
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a chopping board or a flat serving plate that you can easily put into the fridge.
Melt the cocoa butter over a pot of simmering water.
Add the coconut oil to the cocoa butter and allow it to melt. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula and stir to combine.
Add the raw honey and allow it to dissolve, stirring every now and then.
Add the cocoa powder and chili and stir well.
Remove the bowl from the pot of simmering water and place it in a bigger bowl with some cold water in it.
Continue to stir the liquid chocolate gently until it starts to cool down and begins to reach a thicker consistency. Start spooning 2-3 tablespoons of this chocolate at a time onto the prepared baking paper a few centimeters/inches apart, and add your toppings.
Work fast as the chocolate will harden quite quickly. When you’re done, place this flat plate or chopping board into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to let the chocolate bites set. Enjoy!
- The yield may vary based on the size of the bites.