About This Grilled Cheese Rolls Recipe
Looking for a fun and easy twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich? Then you’ll love these grilled cheese rolls!
Grilled cheese rolls are the best invention since sliced bread. No, seriously. They’re like a cross between grilled cheese and a rolled-up piece of pizza, and they are insanely good. If you’ve never had one, you’re in for a real treat.
They’re perfect for dunking in your favorite dipping sauces, whether it’s tomato sauce or tomato soup, ranch, or marinara.
They’re also super easy to make! A little different from a classic grilled cheese sandwich, you’ll need to cut off the crusts from the bread, add one cheese slice per bread slice, roll each slice up, then cook them until the cheese is melted and bubbly. So good!
Plus, they’re perfect for feeding a crowd since you can make them as big or small as you like.
These rolls are the perfect after-school snack or quick weeknight dinner. They’re savory, cheesy, and fun to eat, and they only take a few minutes to make. All you need is some bread, cheese, and a little bit of butter.
You can also experiment and add little twists to your grilled cheese rolls by adding some chopped bacon or diced tomatoes.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for something cheesy and delicious, give these grilled cheese rolls a try!
What You Need for This Grilled Cheese Rolls Recipe
- Bread: I like to use slices of wholemeal white bread because it has a lovely nutty taste. It is better to use fresh bread because the older one can get dry and crack when rolled.
- Cheese: I have used slices of cheddar cheese because it has a slightly buttery texture, it’s moist, and is a versatile crowd-pleaser.
- Butter: I have used unsalted butter because the cheese is already salty enough.
- Bread: I have used wholemeal white bread, but any kind of sandwich bread will work, preferably without nuts or big grains.
- Cheese: I have used cheddar cheese slices, but American, Monterey Jack, or Swiss cheese also works well. And while the slices melt over heat, shredded cheese would also be okay.
Can I make these rolls ahead of time?
Yes. Sometimes I make a double batch of these rolls to keep them in the fridge and enjoy them during the week. If you make them ahead, reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them.
What should I do with the bread crusts?
You can dry and crush them in bread crumbs or cut them into small pieces and dry them into croutons for future recipes.
Easy Grilled Cheese Rolls
Crisp on the outside and wonderfully cheesy on the inside, these grilled cheese rolls are the perfect snack for kids and adults alike!
Yield: 4 rolls
How To Make Grilled Cheese Rolls Step By Step
First, cut off the crusts from the bread. Then, with a rolling pin, slightly flatten the slices.
Add one slice of cheese to each slice of bread, then roll up the bread tightly.
Next, heat a skillet or grilling pan on medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the rolled-up pieces of bread to the pan with the seam side down.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or soup. Enjoy!
- If you want the rolls to be even cheesier, add 2-3 slices of cheese to each slice of bread.
- If you want to be sure that the rolls will not open, you can secure them with toothpicks.
- Add more butter if needed as the rolls cook.