About This Vodka Jell-O Shots Recipe
Vodka Jell-O shots are probably the most beloved party cocktails. They are colorful, flavorful, and very easy to make with only 3 ingredients.
In the 1950s, American singer-songwriter Tom Lehrer was in the US military and was stationed at an army base where alcoholic beverages were forbidden. So he added vodka to orange jello, turning alcohol from a “beverage” into a “food” and presented his creation at his Christmas party.
The very first Jell-O shots recipe, however, dates back to 1862 when Jerry Thomas published the first cocktail manual ever — How to Mix Drinks. This recipe proves that gelatin is not only reserved for making desserts but can also be used for tasty and fun cocktails.
Gelatin shots are party essential. They are cute and bright in color and infused with alcohol, the perfect festive addition to any party. And the good part is that you can use any color and flavor of jello you like!
Instant crowd-pleasers, vodka Jell-O shots are just the perfect wiggle and jiggle treats that all adults will love!
What You Need for This Vodka Jell-O Shots Recipe
- Jell-O: It is primarily made of gelatin and is purchased as a powdered mix in various flavors that need to be dissolved in boiling water and then cooled to form a gelatinous, semi-solid substance. You can use any flavor and color you like.
- Water: You need both boiling and cold water to dissolve the gelatin.
- Vodka: Any good quality vodka will be great.
- Vodka: It is a classic ingredient, but you can also substitute it with white rum.
- Jell-O: If you can’t find Jell-O, you may use any other gelatin brands.
How can I store the Jell-O shots?
You can store leftover shots in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
For how long can I keep the Jell-O shots out of the fridge?
Jell-O shots melt fast at room or warm temperature. It would be best to consume them within 30 to 45 minutes.
Can I freeze the vodka Jell-O shots?
You can freeze them, but the shots may develop a grainy or icy texture.
Can I use flavored vodka instead?
Yes. You may use different flavored vodkas such as peach, watermelon, or pineapple vodka.
Vodka Jell-O Shots
Easy, quick, and fun to make, serve these colorful and flavorful vodka Jell-O shots to make your party more festive and fun!
Yield: 20 shots
How To Make Vodka Jell-O Shots Step By Step
In a bowl, whisk the jello powder into boiling water until completely dissolved.
Add the cold water and the vodka and whisk well to combine.
Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses, refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until they are firm. Enjoy!
- Before pouring the mixture into the plastic shot glasses, place the glasses on a sheet pan. This will allow you to place them in the refrigerator easily.
- For a variety of colors, make different flavors of Jell-O.
- To serve the shots, just squeeze them in the mouth. If they don’t come out easy, just use a finger, a dull knife, or your tongue and run it around the edges of the jello to loosen it from the cup.