About This Lemon Pastry Crèmes Girl Scout Cookies Recipe
Do you love lemon pastry crèmes from Girl Scout cookies? They are my favorite! I love the tang of the lemon paired with the light, creamy filling. It’s like a little piece of heaven. I like how they’re not too sweet and have just the right amount of lemony tartness.
Recently, I figured out how to make them at home, and allow me to say, they are just as good as the ones from Girl Scouts!
And with only 6 ingredients, they’re very easy and quick to make so that you can enjoy them all season long! If you’ve never had a lemon pastry cookie, you’re seriously missing out.
The flaky dough, the tart lemon zest, the buttery lemon filling that has just the right amount of lemony flavor for lemon lovers like me — it’s all just perfection! And when those cookies are dusted with powdered sugar, they’re even better. I can’t get enough of them!
Whether it’s for a quick snack or a special treat, lemon pastry crèmes are always a delicious option.
These light, fluffy, and delicious pastry crèmes are worth seeking out. You won’t be disappointed!
What You Need for This Lemon Pastry Crèmes Girl Scout Cookies Recipe
- Butter: For a creamier and smooth dough and filling, the butter needs to be softened at room temperature.
- Cream Cheese: It helps keep the cookies moist. Make sure it is softened at room temperature for a smoother dough.
- Flour: I have used plain/all-purpose flour.
- Sugar: I have used white granulated sugar.
- Lemon: The lemon zest in the dough and the lemon juice in the filling give these cookies a wonderful citrusy aroma.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: I have used confectioners’ sugar to make the filling as well as for a finishing touch of dusting over the cookies.
- Cream Cheese: It can be replaced with mascarpone, sour cream, or Greek yogurt.
For how long can I store these cookies?
You can store the cookies in the fridge in an airtight container for a week and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Lemon Pastry Crèmes Girl Scout Cookies
Fresh out of the oven with a crispy exterior and a lemon-infused creamy interior, these lemon pastry crèmes girl scout cookies are sure to become your new favorite!
Yield: 24 sandwich cookies
For the cookies:
For the filling:
How To Make Lemon Pastry Crèmes Girl Scout Cookies Step By Step
Combine the softened butter, cream cheese, and lemon zest in a bowl.
Add the sugar and mix well.
Add the flour and mix to form a dough.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 180℃ / 350℉. Roll the dough to approximately 3 mm / ⅛ inch thickness, use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll the remaining dough again and cut out more cookies using the cookie cutter until all the dough is used. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm, then allow them to cool.
In the meantime, prepare the filling by mixing the butter with the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until creamy. Leave aside a bit of sugar to dust the cookies.
Spread the filling on the bottoms of half the cookies and top with the remaining cookies. Dust them with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
- The yield may vary based on the size of the cookie cutter used.