About This Lettuce Be Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
A delicious breakfast smoothie is one of the best ways to start your mornings off right. And this recipe is full of healthy goodness and is super easy to make.
The avocado and banana not only give this smoothie a silky texture, but they are also rich in healthy fats and fiber that’ll keep you feeling full for longer. The orange and lemon add a bright citrus flavor, while the hint of mint gives it a refreshing complexity. And don’t let the lettuce turn you off — it blends right in, adding essential nutrients without affecting the taste.
Have you ever wondered why avocados became such a popular addition to breakfast items like toast and smoothies? The answer lies in their unique combination of nutrients and healthy fats.
Adding half an avocado to your breakfast can reduce the urge to snack later in the day. And that’s not all — avocados are also packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including potassium and vitamin E. And in this recipe, avocados give the smoothie a creamy texture while also keeping your belly happy for a longer time.
You wouldn’t think of lettuce as a breakfast item, but it’s actually a great addition to your morning routine. Whether blended into a smoothie or added to your avocado toast, lettuce packs a punch of nutrients and fiber. It’s also low in calories and contains vitamins A, C, and K. I’ve also added some mango and orange to add more flavor and additional nutrients.
This smoothie makes for a tasty and nourishing breakfast or a post-workout pick-me-up. Trust me. Once you try it, you’ll be hooked.
What You Need for This Lettuce Be Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- Lettuce: I like to use iceberg lettuce because it is crunchy and juicy with a mild, sweet flavor.
- Avocado: The avocado must be ripe for a silky and creamy texture.
- Banana: Besides the creamy texture, banana also adds sweetness to the smoothie.
- Mango: For a wonderful sweetness, make sure the mango is ripe.
- Orange & Lemon: Both add a bright, citrusy flavor.
- Mint Leaves: Fresh mint leaves add a refreshing taste, producing a lingering cooling effect on the tongue.
- Sesame Seeds: They add a lovely nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch.
- Matcha Green Tea: It gives a bright, umami flavor to this smoothie.
- Toppings: I like to add chia and pumpkin seeds and a few more fresh mint leaves for a finishing touch.
- Mango: I have used mango, but it can be replaced with loquats, apricots, or peaches.
- Lettuce: You can use any type of lettuce. Spinach and kale are also perfect for this smoothie.
Can I use frozen fruits and greens instead of fresh ones?
Yes. If you use frozen fruits and greens, just omit the ice cubes, and you’ll get a thick and creamy smoothie.
How do I sweeten this smoothie?
You do not need any additional sweetener for this smoothie because the fruits impart all the necessary sweetness.
Lettuce Be Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
This lettuce breakfast smoothie is everything you need to start your day on the right foot.
Yield: 1-2 servings
How To Make Lettuce Be Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Step By Step
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed for 50-60 seconds or until you get a smooth consistency!
Pour into a glass, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- If you have lemon juice in your fridge that tends to go bad before you can use it all, try to freeze it into ice cubes! These frozen cubes can be popped into water or tea for a burst of added flavor, used as a cooking ingredient, or thawed and added to salad dressings or marinades. They also make for a refreshing addition to smoothies and summer cocktails. So instead of using lemon juice and ice cubes in this smoothie, you could directly use the lemon juice ice cubes.