About This Sex on the Beach Cocktail Recipe
Sex on the beach is a sweet, fruity, and refreshing cocktail that’ll bring the warm sands and crashing waves of a tropical island right into your kitchen. Enjoy it on lazy summer days relaxing by the pool or whip it up for backyard barbecues and casual parties — it’s a drink you can enjoy all year round.
The story goes that, in the 1980s, a bartender named Ted Pizio who worked in Confetti’s Bar in Florida was tasked with promoting peach schnapps. So, he whipped up this fruity cocktail featuring peach schnapps. He named the drink “sex on the beach” because he figured beaches and sex were the main pull for tourists visiting Florida.
Whether you find the story fascinating or lame, sex on the beach was a very popular drink in the ’80s and ’90s and continues to be a summer favorite among tourists visiting Florida even today. It is sweet without being overwhelming, has delicious fruity notes, and can be quite sneaky when it comes to its alcohol content.
This tasty, pretty cocktail is very easy to make and needs only a few simple ingredients. Sex on the beach appeals to many people since it tastes quite delicious, with all the fruit juices masking the alcohol flavor.
This fun and fruity sex on the beach cocktail is the easiest way to relax and unwind while inviting the topics to your own backyard!
What You Need for This Sex on the Beach Cocktail Recipe
- Vodka: You can use any plain vodka for this recipe; just make sure it is of good quality.
- Peach Schnapps: It is a fermented and distilled liquor that gives a nice peachy flavor.
- Cranberry & Orange Juice: To add that fruity punch to the cocktail and a lovely tropical color.
- Orange Juice: The standard sex on the beach cocktail includes orange juice, but you may substitute it with grapefruit or pineapple juice.
- Vodka: This recipe calls for plain vodka, but you may also use flavored vodka for a different flavor.
Can I make this cocktail without alcohol?
Yes. If you want virgin sex on the beach, omit the vodka and substitute the peach schnapps with peach nectar.
Sex on the Beach Cocktail
A sweet, fruity, refreshing cocktail, sex on the beach is an absolute crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for summer parties, barbecues, or just those lazy days by the pool!
Yield: 1 Cocktail
How To Make Sex on the Beach Cocktail Step By Step
Pour vodka, peach schnapps, and orange juice into a large glass and stir.
Fill a glass with ice cubes. Pour the mixture into the glass, and add the cranberry juice.
Garnish with red maraschino cherries and orange wedges if you wish. Enjoy!
- I recommend using orange juice without pulp for a smooth and clean look and taste.