About This Taco Ring Recipe
Taco night and pizza night are two of the most beloved meals in any family — and what could be better than combining the two for a delectable dish that is sure to be a hit?
A taco ring is everything your family loves about tacos and pizza, all rolled into one!
The soft and tender ring-shaped dough forms the perfect base, while seasoned ground beef filling, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and diced onions bring delicious Mexican flavors to it.
Treat your family and friends to a delicious spread of these taco ingredients wrapped in flaky crescent rolls and served in a lovely spherical form! This savory meal comes together in a snap.
It’s so simple to make — just use any or all of your favorite go-to taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, and more. Once baked, slice up the ring and let everyone grab their own slice with some amazing toppings. If you have some extra ingredients, serve them on the side so everyone can make their dish exactly how they prefer it!
It’s also remarkably easy to customize — just swap out ingredients like spicy salsa, pickled jalapeños, vegan cheese, or black beans to cater to everyone in your family.
Make taco rings part of your regular recipe rotation; it’s definitely worth the effort!
What You Need for This Taco Ring Recipe
- Ground Beef: Ground beef is incredibly versatile and works as the perfect protein in this recipe. And with its low-fat content, it’s an excellent source of protein and iron that is actually good for you.
- Taco Seasonings: Tacos are one of life’s greatest pleasures, but if you really want to make them stand out, you can’t go wrong with homemade taco seasoning! This flavorful mix is easy to assemble using a few spices from your pantry. With the perfect blend of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper, it’ll take an ordinary taco night up to the next level. Plus, you can customize it to your own taste — add a little more heat or tone down the spices depending on your preference.
- Mexican Cheese Blend: Mexican cuisine is renowned for its bold flavors, and you can enjoy those same flavors right at home with a shredded Mexican cheese blend. With perfectly melted Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar, and creamy Queso Blanco cheese all mixed together, this shred makes an ideal topping on tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos, and more!
- Crescent Rolls Dough: It is an incredibly versatile base for all kinds of recipes; you can use it to make savory breakfast dishes, easy lunchtime snacks, or even fill them with jams for a sweet dessert treat.
- Egg: I love to add that finishing touch to my homemade baked goods with a generous brush of egg on top! A single egg combined with a splash of water creates the perfect glaze that makes any dish look like it was made by a master chef. With just one brush, you can take whatever baked goods you are creating from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Toppings: I like to use shredded iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, sliced black olives, and pickled jalapeños for toppings.
- Beef: It can be substituted with ground chicken or turkey. Or, for a vegetarian version, you can use lentils, tofu, mushrooms, tempeh, or beans.
- Mexican Cheese Blend: It can be substituted with shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella, or any other cheese that melts nicely.
Can this taco ring be stored?
Yes. If you have any leftover slices of taco ring, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to serve the taco ring?
I like to serve it by filling the center with shredded iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, sliced black olives, and pickled jalapeños. While taking a slice, everyone can scoop up some of their favorite toppings. If you have additional toppings, you can serve them on the side as well.
This taco ring recipe can add a fun twist to your Taco Tuesdays and will be sure to please kids and adults alike!
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
How To Make Taco Ring Step By Step
Preheat the oven to 190℃ / 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
Add the ground beef to a large skillet on medium heat and cook it for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Using a wooden spoon crumble the meat as it cooks.
Add the water and the taco seasoning, stir to combine, and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Arrange the dough triangles on the prepared baking sheet in a ring shape overlapping the wide ends to create an opening in the center.
Add half of the shredded cheese to the beef and stir to combine.
Spoon the beef and cheese mixture onto the wider half of each triangle to form a mounded ring.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the meat.
Fold the tip of each triangle over the meat, and tuck it under the dough in the center of the ring to enclose the filling.
Break an egg in a bowl, add a teaspoon of water, and whisk with a fork to combine them. Then, brush it onto the dough.
Place the taco ring in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and puffed.
Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite toppings.
- When you spoon the beef and cheese mixture onto the dough, make sure not to spill it out onto the parchment paper.