About This Watermelon Slushies Recipe
On a hot and humid summer day, nothing can beat a cool, refreshing drink. Especially if the drink is a tall pitcher of watermelon slushie! This is one of my go-to recipes for a super easy, tasty, and healthy drink.
To make this recipe, you only need 4 ingredients — cold, almost frozen, watermelon, a splash of freshly squeezed lime juice to balance the sweetness, some fresh mint leaves to make it a little more cooling, and some sparkling water to make it fizzy.
Besides being refreshing, this is also a super hydrating drink as watermelon is 92% water. It is juicy and sweet, the perfect treat to douse your thirst on a hot summer day.
Watermelon also contains numerous nutrients including a substantial amount of vitamins C and A that help combat free radicals and help keep your body healthy. This watermelon slushie is a hit for adults and kids alike. For adults, you can even turn this drink into a refreshing cocktail by adding a splash of tequila or vodka.
The best part? You can put this together in only 5 minutes!
This watermelon slushie is a perfect drink for a tranquil afternoon outdoor or even for a party dinner with friends.
What You Need for This Watermelon Slushies Recipe
- Watermelon: It is the perfect refreshing and thirst-quenching fruit for this slushie.
- Sparkling Water: To add a few bubbles and make the drink fancier.
- Lime Juice: To balance the sweetness of the watermelon and add a little bit of citrus flavor.
- Mint: Mint leaves add a wonderful aroma to the drink and act as an additional coolant.
- Sparkling Water: If you don’t like bubbles, you may use still water instead.
- Lime: Lemon juice will work well too.
How do I make this slushie frostier?
If you want your watermelon slushie frostier, you can add a few ice cubes. Avoid putting in too many as they will dilute the flavor and your drink will become watery. Another alternative is to use frozen watermelon.
Can I make this watermelon slushie in advance?
You can, but the watermelon slushie tastes best when it’s fresh.
Refreshing Watermelon Slushies
This sweet and refreshing watermelon slushie with a hint of lime is the perfect summertime delight!
Yield: 2 servings
How To Make Watermelon Slushies Step By Step
Place the watermelon and the mint leaves in the blender, and pulse until it becomes liquid.
Add the lime juice and sparkling water and mix well.
Pour into 2 glasses, garnish with fresh mint and lime slices if you wish. Enjoy!
- As the watermelon needs to be cold, almost frozen, I suggest dicing and placing it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the watermelon is not sweet enough, or if you want it sweeter, just add a little bit of maple syrup or honey.